Charles III University of Madrid (Spanish: Universidad Carlos III de Madrid) (UC3M) is a public university in the Community of Madrid, Spain. UC3M is an institution with a distinctly international profile. It offers a broad range of master’s and bachelor’s degree programs in English and nearly 20% of the student body is made up of international students. It is the first university in Spain and the third in Europe in the number of its students participating in the Erasmus student exchange programs.
The university has a strong reputation in business subjects, in particular economics, which is regularly ranked among the top 50 institutions worldwide. It is known for its high academic demand to degree students. It also holds the highest admission grade requirement in Madrid for several degree programs such as Business, Law, Political Science, Economics, International Studies, Accounting, Journalism or Biomedical Engineering. It also ranks among the world’s top 150 universities in employability according to the 2016 QS World University Rankings.
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid offers programs in Economics and Business, Engineering, Law, Communication, Social Sciences and Humanities. Several of the bachelor degrees in Engineering have been awarded the EUR-ACE quality certificate.
More than half of the degree courses offered can be taken either fully in English, or with option in English or with a bilingual option.
UC3M students are able to carry out internships through collaborative agreements the University has signed with different companies and organizations. Furthermore, this institution has distinguished itself through the high job placement rate of its graduates, which, according to the latest study on career placement, is nearly 91.4%.
Students have access to a wide array of cultural and sport activities, as well as several sports centers. The University also provides first-rate student housing.
Undergraduate – Faculties/Departments and Programs
UC3M was pioneer in offering English groups in the most requested degrees, aware of the importance of knowledge of other languages for college graduates. With a constant increase in demand, today we offer the opportunity to study entirely in English eight degrees, and 16 more bilingually.
The possibility of studying in English is an important incentive for your future. it can be a differentiating feature when looking for work in Spain and will also allow you to develop your professional future abroad.
In groups in English, all work (classes, drills, exercises, tests, etc.) are conducted in English.
- Aerospace Engineering (English)
- Applied Mathematics and Computing (English)
- Audiovisual System Engineering (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Biomedical Engineering (English)
- Communication System Engineering (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Bilingual, Spanish, English)
- Data Science and Engineering (English)
- Dual Bachelor in Computer Science and Engineering and Business Administration (Spanish)
- Electrical Power Engineering (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Energy Engineering (English)
- Engineering Physics (English)
- Industrial Electronics and Automation Engineering (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Industrial Technologies Engineering (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Mechanical Engineering (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Telecommunication Technologies Engineering (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Telematics Engineering (Bilingual, Spanish)
- UC3M Open BS program in Engineering (Bilingual, Spanish)
Social Science and Law
- Business Administration (Spanish, English)
- Dual Bachelor in International Studies and Business Administration (English)
- Dual Bachelor in International Studies and Economics (English)
- Dual Bachelor in International Studies and Law (Bilingual)
- Dual Bachelor in International Studies and Political Science, (Bilingual)
- Dual Bachelor in Journalism and Film, Television and Media Studies (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Dual Bachelor in Journalism and Humanities Studies (Spanish)
- Dual Bachelor in Law and Business Administration (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Dual Bachelor in Law and Economics (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Dual Bachelor in Law and Political Science (Spanish)
- Dual Bachelor in Political Science and Sociology (Spanish)
- Economics (Spanish, English)
- Employment and Labour Relations (Spanish)
- Film, Television and Media Studies (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Finance and Accounting (Spanish, English)
- History and Politics (Bilingual)
- International Studies (English)
- Journalism (Bilingual, Spanish)
- Law (Spanish)
- Management and Technology (English)
- Management of Information and Digital Contents (Spanish)
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (Bilingual)
- Political Science (Bilingual)
- Sociology (Spanish)
- Statistics and Business (Spanish)
- Tourism (Spanish)
- UC3M Open BA program in Social Sciences and Humanities (Bilingual, Spanish)
Masters in English and with a bilingual option
Study a graduate degree in English or in bilingual mode at one of Spain’s most prestigious universities, while enjoying at the same time life in the vibrant city of Madrid. UC3M’s internationally-trained faculty together with its close collaboration with companies and leading professionals from different sectors combine to provide an outstanding graduate education in English.
Masters in English:
- Master in Economics
- Master in Aeronautical Engineering
- Master in Space Engineering
- Master in Telematics Engineering
- Master in Nuclear Fusion and Engineering Physics
- Master in Photonics Engineering
- Master in Big Data Analytics
- Master Statistics for Data Science
- Master in Connected Industry 4.0
- Master in Business and Finance
- Master’s Degree in Economic Analysis
- Industrial Economics and Markets
- Human Resources Management
- Master in Economic Development and Growth (MEDEG)
- Business Administration – MBA
- Master in Geopolitics and Strategic Studies
- Master in Industrial Economics and Markets
- Master in Political and Electoral Analysis
- Master in Social Science
- Master in Information Health
- Master in Multimedia and Communications