University of Chester- A Truly British Experience
Founded in 1839, the University of Chester is one of the oldest institutions in the country. Although we are a Church of England institution guided by Christian values, we provide an open and supportive environment to over 18,000 students from 130 countries.
The University of Chester offers in excess of 120 undergraduate courses and 80 postgraduate courses, across our campuses (Parkgate, Kingsway, Queen’s Park, Riverside, Thornton, University Centre Shrewsbury, University Centre Reaseheath, Warrington).The University of Chester has 8 Faculties and in 2013, we acquired the Shell Technology Centre in Thornton, which is now home to the Faculty of Engineering and Technology.
The University of Chester is a public institution and as such, is reviewed and audited regularly by numerous government agencies. We are committed to maintaining high academic standards and the quality of our educational provision has been praised by higher education evaluators such as QAA and OFSTED.
The University of Chester was awarded Silver status in the UK government first ever TEF (Teaching Excellence Framework) ranking released in 2017, alongside prestigious institutions such as King’s College London and Durham University. The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017 placed the University of Chester in the top 10 for both Academic Experience and Student Welfare.
In addition, we are ranked in the top 15 for Student Experience by both the Times Higher Education Survey (2017) and the What Uni? Student Choice Awards (2016).
Some of our top subject rankings include:
- Tourism and Hospitality 17th in the UK (Guardian League Table 2018)
- Accounting and Finance 21st in the UK (Guardian League Table 2018)
- Forensic Science and Archaeology 22nd in the UK (Guardian League Table 2018)
Our campuses have excellent teaching, study and recreational facilities including state-of-the-art lecture theatres, open-access computer facilities, modern science/skills/language laboratories, a modern library which holds approximately 350,000 books, a virtual library of more than 15,000 electronic books and 13,000 electronic journals, which is accessible off campus via any networked computer. Other facilities include numerous catering venues, 24-hour security, the Students’ Union Centre and bar/club, bookshop, chapel and faith space, a bank with ATM cashpoint and a launderette.
Students may participate in cricket, rugby, football, swimming, hockey and netball. Our campuses boast of a wide variety of sports facilities including: modern and fully equipped Sports Hall, Gymnasium, Fitness Centre; a two-lane 350-metre Athletics Track, a 25 metre indoor swimming pool and all-weather artificial turf pitches/grass pitches.
Upon enrolment at the University, students may access extensive career services such as work shadowing placements, CVs and job application assistance and mock interviews, designed to helps students with finding a part time job and preparing them for a graduate career.
- Our graduates are the most employable in the North West of England (DHLE 2015)
- Our Careers and Employability Department is declared “world class” and awarded 5 stars by the British Quality Foundation.
- UniJob: recruitment bank of paid positions for students.
- Work-based placements for undergraduate students.
- A wide portfolio of undergraduate sandwich business courses including a 1 year placement.
- Between 90 and 100 employers visit the University each year for various purposes.
- A number of jobs and volunteering fairs are organised throughout the year.
- International students can work up to 20 hours per week during term time and full-time during vacations.
The city of Chester is located very close to Manchester and Liverpool and is one of the loveliest and on every tourist’s ‘must see’ itinerary. Each year over 8 million people flock from all over the world to see one of the best preserved walled cities in Europe. It is a vibrant city that is as famous for its plenitude of shopping and dining options as well as for its expanding industries. Companies such as Airbus, Bank of America, HBOS, Coca Cola Schweppes, Marks & Spencer, TATA, General Motors, Bentley, and Electronic Arts Technologies have large-scale operations based in the immediate area of the University.
The city of Chester has been voted
- 5th prettiest city in Europe (USA Today 2013)
- 6th best city in the UK (Telegraph Travel Awards 2014)
- 5th happiest city to live in Britain (Rightmove, 2015)
- Best place to live in the UK (UK Hot Housing Index, 2015)
- Safest city-based institution in the North West (The Complete University Guide, 2016)
By simply deposited £3,000 you can be accepted in University of Chester both for bachelor and master programs. For further information or inquiries and application please contact us.