University of Chester- A Truly British Experience
Founded in 1839, the University of Chester is one of the oldest institutions in the country. Although our University is a Church of England institution guided by Christian values, we provide an open and supportive environment to over 18,000 students from 130 countries.
The University offers over 350 single and combined undergraduate courses and over 60 postgraduate courses across 6 campuses. The University of Chester has 8 Faculties – at the beginning of 2013, the University acquired the Shell Technology Centre in Thornton, which became a home to the Faculty of Engineering and Technology.
The University of Chester is a public institution and as such, it is reviewed and audited on a regular basis by a number of government agencies. It is committed to maintaining high academic standards, in fact the quality of educational provision at the University of Chester have been praised by higher education watchdogs (QAA and OFSTED).
Chester Business School is ranked 21st out of 130 in the UK (Chartered Association of Business Schools 2015) and a number of our courses are ranked top in the UK, for example:
- Tourism and Hospitality top 20 (The Complete University Guide 2017)
- Accounting and Finance top 15 (Guardian League Table 2017)
- Business and Management top 50 (Guardian League Table 2016)
- Sports and Exercise Science top 20 (Guardian League Table 2016)
In addition, the University of Chester has been ranked top 30 in the UK for student experience (Times Higher Education Survey 2016 and What Uni? Student Choice Awards 2016).
Our campuses have excellent teaching, study and recreational facilities. These include state-of-the-art lecture theatres, open-access computer facilities, modern science/skills/language laboratories, a modern library which holds approximately 350,000 books, a virtual library with a collection of more than 15,000 electronic books and 13,000 electronic journals and is accessible even off campus via any networked computer. Other facilities include numerous catering venues, 24-hour security, the Students’ Union Centre and bar/club, bookshop, chapel and faith space, bank, ATM cashpoint and launderette.
There are plenty of opportunities to participate in cricket, rugby, football, swimming, hockey and netball. Our campuses boast of a wide variety of sports facilities including: modern and fully equipped Sports Hall, Gymnasium, Fitness Centre, the two-lane 350-metre Athletics Track, 25 metre indoor swimming pool and all-weather artificial turf pitches/grass pitches.
As soon as you enrol at the University, you will have access to a huge range of careers services (work shadowing placements, help with CVs and job applications, mock job interviews) designed to help you to find work while you study, or prepare you for a graduate career.
- Our graduates are most employable in the North West of England (DHLE 2015)
- Careers and Employability Department declared “world class” and awarded 5 stars by British Quality Foundation.
- UniJob: recruitment bank of paid positions for students.
- Work-based placements for undergraduate students.
- A wide portfolio of undergraduate sandwich business courses with 1 year placement.
- Between 90 and 100 employers visit the University each year for various purposes.
- A number of jobs and volunteering fairs are organised throughout the year.
- International students can work up to 20 hours per week during term time and full time during vacations.
The city of Chester is located very close to Manchester and Liverpool and is one of the loveliest and on every tourist’s ‘must see’ itinerary. Each year over 8 million people flock from all over the world to see one of the best preserved walled cities in Europe. It is a vibrant city that is as famous for its plenitude of shopping and dining options as it is for its expanding industries. Companies such as Airbus, Bank of America, HBOS, Coca Cola Schweppes, Marks & Spencer, TATA, GM Motors, Bentley, and Electronic Arts Technologies have large scale operations based in the immediate area of the University.
Chester has been voted
- 5th prettiest city in Europe (USA Today 2013)
- 6th best city in the UK (Telegraph Travel Awards 2014)
- 5th happiest city to live in Britain (Rightmove, 2015)
- Best place to live in the UK (UK Hot Housing Index, 2015)
- Safest city-based institution in the North West (The Complete University Guide, 2016)
- Cambridge A Levels or International Baccalaureate Diploma
- UK foundation/pathway course with a pass mark of 50% and above. Engineering courses require an additional mark of at least 55% in a Maths module.
- Certificate of Graduation from SMA Nasional/Islamic secondary school
- D1 Diploma
- D2 Diploma
- D3 diploma with good grades from a recognized Indonesian institute may be considered for 3rd year entry
- D4 Diploma from a recognized Indonesian institution with good grade
- Sarjana (S1) course from a recognized institution, with C2 or above
- Applicants for the MBA should have 2 years work experience, although well qualified and motivated individuals without this will be considered
- Master’s degree
By simply deposited £3,000 you can be accepted in University of Chester both for bachelor and master programs. For further information or inquiries and application please contact us.